What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a pressure point technique applied to the feet where all internal organs and body structures are mirrored in miniature. It is a non-invasive treatment which helps the body to maintain a state of good health.
This is a deeply relaxing treatment and we would like everyone to experience it, however there are some contraindications to the treatment.
If you are currently being treated by a medically qualified person please obtain consent first.
Myofascial Release (MFR) is a specialised, hands-on technique that works gently on soft tissue and fascial restrictions to eliminate pain and tension to restore motion and flexibility throughout your body.
Fascia surrounds, protects and links every muscle, bone, tendon, nerve, ligament and organ of your body. When healthy, the fascia is relaxed and allows you to move without restrictions or pain, helping to provide stability and mobility to your joints.
Your fascia can be damaged through physical and emotional trauma or poor posture. This causes the fascia to become hard and stiff in the affected area, losing its flexibility; pulling any linked body structures out of alignment; causing you problems with the stability and mobility of your joints; and causing pain. The hardened fascia further causes nerves, blood vessels and lymphatic vessels to be crushed, creating further restrictions and pain.
Myofascial Release is generally a gentle therapy and an effective treatment for many conditions causing pain and problems with mobility and flexibility. As it is gentle and does not greatly increase circulation it is suitable for many people who need gentle physical treatments.
- athletes and the occasional sports enthusiasts
- chronic and acute joint or muscle injuries
- conditions caused from repetitive work, putting a strain on joints and muscles
- tension anywhere on the body caused from stress
- those with Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons, Chronic Fatigue
- back and hip tension and pain
- neck and shoulder tension and pain
- migraines and headaches
- plantar fasciitis
- carpel tunnel syndrome
- frozen shoulder
- knee and foot restriction and pain
- golfers elbow and tennis elbow
- poor posture and irregularities
Indian Head Massage has been used in India for thousands of years to maintain health and well being. It is an excellent way of relieving stress, re-energising and balancing the whole body and brings a wonderful feeling of peace and relaxation.
The face, head, neck and shoulders store a great deal of the anxiety we accumulate in our every day lives. This anxiety causes tension creating stiffness and pain in the neck and shoulders, eye strain, headaches, lack of concentration and facial lines.
The aim of Indian head massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders through the use of different techniques such as: massage, myofascial release, acupressure, lymphatic drainage and energy balancing.
It is a wonderfully relaxing massage, lying on a couch, without the need to undress or the use of oils (oils may be used if preferred).
The benefits of Indian head massage:
- Relief from stress, anxiety and tension
- Relief of eye strain, headaches, tinnitus and sinusitis
- Helps improved disturbed sleep and insomnia
- Balances the chakras and energy system in general
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders
- Improved blood circulation
- Helps improve concentration
- Promotes hair growth
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic circulation
- Stimulates the nervous system
- Leaves you feeling energised
Reiki is a gentle, but powerful hands-on healing technique that treats the whole person; physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. It is a natural energy, flowing wherever it is needed to support the body’s natural healing process.
A treatment is a deeply relaxing and re-energising treatment to encourage healing and helping to balance the body’s energy system to promote a healthy mind and body.
Receiving Reiki daily through self-treatment is an excellent preventative medicine and will strengthen the energy system; ensuring day-to-day troubles are dealt with straight away and gradually clearing long term disturbances and disease.
If you have a specific issue that you wish to address then I may use other energy healing techniques including auric massage, essential oils and crystals to help you create a balanced energy system.
Benefits of receiving Reiki & Energy Healing
Reiki and other forms of energy healing can be used safely and effectively with all orthodox and other complementary therapies to reduce any negative feelings, create optimism, reduce healing time, reduce or eliminate pain and reduce tension and stress.
It will support you mentally, emotionally and physically when going through treatment and recovery and will help and support carers at this time as well.
- Deeply relaxing
- Reduces stress, tension and anxiety
- Reduces pain
- Balances you physically and emotionally
- Supports your immune system
- Re-energises your body and mind
- Helps you to deal with difficult situations
- Enhances your intuition and awareness
- Safe to use on anyone at any time
- Use safely with other complementary and orthodox treatments
- Supports your body’s normal functions for self healing
- Clears your energy paths and raises your vibrational frequency